Tuesday 4 August 2015

Day 143 - Cranberry Stream Camp

Cranberry Stream camp, 186

I was going to send an update from Crocker Mountain, but a thunderstorm chased me down before I could...and then it turned into a hail storm. Some of the craziest weather I've faced on the trail. Marble-sized hail, and so much of it that when the storm was over, there were places where you could scoop a couple dozen into your hand! I even had to stop hiking and take refuge under a tree.

I have now hiked 2000 miles, 2003 to be exact. I kicked off the new millenium of hiking with a bad night of sleep however, resorting at one point to reading until tired. Maybe I was just looking forward to this update! Anyway, it's time to hit the trail and hike Bigelow. The last 4000 footer until the end! Also, I have a preliminary goal of summiting August 14, with the 15th a bad weather/way too tired backup. The 14th would finish me under 5 months (remember it was the Approach I did on March 14), and the 15th would be 5 flat. So I gotta keep up the pace!


- Scribbles (aka Ted)
9:34 a.m. 8/4/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment