Saturday 15 August 2015

TREK COMPLETE!

0 miles left

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to collect my thoughts until now, but yes, I am done. I summitted yesterday, the 13th at 10AM. And it felt awesome.

All I think I have the brain power for right now is a sort of string of events. Later today I promise to send the important stuff!

First was Abol bridge, 10 miles before Katahdin. We (Firestarter, 5, and I) got there on a rainy cold day, and were gratefully met by Fives parents. They ended up totally hooking us up, bringing us from Abol to another place where they set us up with dinner and a dry place to stay. They also later shuttled us in to Millinocket. Well, all the trail magic inspired us. We knew some of the hikers that would be at the base of Katahdin, so we decided to suprise them with a little food. In all, we carried 9 steaks, 9 ears of corn, and 3 pounds of hot dogs to our friends Vulture, Obsolete, Caboose, and Mystyr Lynyrd. It felt great to give back to the people who made the trail so special, and the steak tasted pretty good too!

Yesterday just went by too fast. I was on the trail at 7, and three hours later I was there. Katahdin. Done. It was crazy. Another post will go into much more detail about the final summit but I assure you it is a feeling unlike any other. After the pictures were taken and the PB&Js were eaten, we hiked the Knife Edge (full packs!) and descended Pamola. And now I need to adjust to NOT hiking every day. Alright, more will come later. For now, I'm going to enjoy being an official 2015 thru-hiker!


-Scribbles (aka Ted) 
10:13 a.m. 8/14/2015

Completed on Day 152

No comments:

Post a Comment