Monday 3 August 2015

Day 141 - Saddleback

Saddleback, 215 
 
I'm back! I just took a weekend off the trail to hang out with some friends from home. It was great!! We had a nice campsite in Blue Mountain State Park, we hiked a 13 mile section of the AT, and got to swim in some awesome ponds. Without a doubt, the highlight was a canoe adventure on Webb Lake, where two of my buddies capsized and had to be helped back to shore. Everyone was all right, of course. What an experience though...

With the fun times with friends past me, the main event now is getting to Katahdin. There are no more big meetups planned. The next thing to look forward to is finishing. It is me vs. the trail for the next 200 miles. Hard to believe I'm only about 2 weeks from finishing!

A few more quick notes: As usual, the views here are incredible. Maine is a rugged, beautiful state and I have loved every minute. Saddleback, where I am now, is a 3 mile above treeline stretch with views in all directions. Amazing! Also, I ascended Old Blue after Moody Mountain and although Moody didn't make me too moody, Old Blue made me feel a little blue. It went up and up and up and my legs were absolutely on fire. By the time I reached the top, I was as tired as I've ever been on the trail. I did relish yelling "OOOOLD BLUUUUUE!!!!" upon summiting however! I think yelling that phrase might become a habit...

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
6:34 p.m. 8/2/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment