Wednesday 29 July 2015

Day 137 - Moody Mountain

Moody Mountain, 249  
 
I'm feeling particularly Moody this morning... Ok, not actually, but Moody Mountain did not disappoint. Progress is still slow through Southern Maine. I've only gone about 12 miles since the last post! One of the hurdles that goes along with tough terrain is that you underestimate the amount of food you need. I had to make a stop into Andover to pick up an extra day of food to get me to Rangeley. And man, Andover was very reminiscent of those nowhere towns in Virginia and Pennsylvania. The guy who we hitched a ride from to get back didn't even know about the trail!

Since getting back on trail after Grey Fox, I've been in a completely new bubble. And that's to say, there's no bubble! I've seen about five separate fellow northbounders since returning. Mostly I've been hiking with Five and Firestarter, two guys who I haven't seen since Shenandoah. Firestarter makes legit egg sandwiches for food, complete with kielbasa, cheese, fresh eggs, the whole kit and kaboodle! It's pretty impressive.

Well, back to the trail to face the next challenge: Old Blue!

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
10:00 a.m. 7/29/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment