Friday 10 April 2015

Day 28 - Headed to Erwin

After another 18 mile day, I am primed for my next resupply; Erwin, Tennessee.  

I thought a lot about what "adventure" was today. This hike could be considered an adventure, but I think its only secondary to the adventure that brought me to here. I know that the white blazes will lead me to Mount Katahdin, but I could not have imagined when I first had the idea for the hike it would come to fruition. Then again, I suppose the adventure of the hike is internal, as you discover more about yourself.  

Not much to report on today; no notable moments really. I would like to correct myself from an earlier post. I had said that Mount Cammerer was my last 5000 foot mountain until New Hampshire. Wrong! I didn't realize this but there are quite a few 5000 footers and even a couple 6000 footers in Tennessee, which I'll be climbing in the coming weeks.  

Anyway, I am ready for a big ol' nero day complete with lots of food tomorrow. I also am planning on toning down the intensity of my days until Damascus. I think no more than 15 miles per sounds about right. 

One more thing: I almost forgot! My trusty journal, which has been recording everything that doesn't make it to the blog, is all out of paper. I am amazed and glad that I've had so much to write. The more memories and stories recorded the better! At this rate, I'll need about 7 journals...

-Ted
5:45 p.m. 4/10/2015

Photos from 4/10 Day 28 are Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment