Tuesday 21 April 2015

Day 39 - Yesterday's Zero Day

Oh what a difference a zero day makes! I got my ice cream fix yesterday, and then followed that up with another heap of food. I went through my bounce box, my food drop, and reorganized for the trail ahead. I played cards with some other hikers, practiced guitar, and got a great nights sleep. It was a total reset. 
I guess I didn't realize this, but I was really tired when I got into town. Not sleepy tired or muscles tired, but mentally tired. Hiking day after day takes its toll, especially when its through bad weather, as much of it was. Taking a break was a mental reset, too. 
In the last few days before I got to Damascus, hiking had kind of become this annoying thing I did between snack breaks and sleep. Now I feel refreshed. Hiking is what I'm doing, and the snack breaks are little interruptions. It's a very good feeling. 
Today I've already made it 10 miles, and to be honest I don't know how far I'll go. I feel good now, maybe it'll be another 10... Oh and that's the other thing; the weather is gorgeous today! 
The next bit of trail promises to be pretty. The Grayson Highlands...famous for wild ponies!

-Ted
4/21/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment