Saturday 11 July 2015

Day 119 - Mount Moosilauke

I'm doing super here on the trail. Right now I'm with my Uncle Phil and cousin Nick, atop the 4800 foot Mount Moosilauke. It's the first of three days hiking with them, and we'll be at Franconia Notch when we're done.

The last few days were tough. It's like every mile feels like two. Not because of terrain but just because I've been so tired! I've been going pretty steady since Manchester, and it kind of got to me the last few days. Two days ago I woke up at 9! I still managed 20 miles however, and got over Smarts and Cube Mountain. Then yesterday I finished off the pre-White Mountains part of New Hampshire, and got to the Hikers Welcome Hostel.And now it's great. My uncle and cousin drove up last night, and now I get to hike 25 miles with them over three days. We made it up Moosilauke, which was a pretty hard spot to start! But man, what a view. The mountains out to the east are immense. Can't wait to hike em! Tonight we're headed to Beaver Brook Shelter, and then it's another 9 miles tomorrow.

So the trail is really great right now. My schedule is three 8ish mile days, then six zeros for Greyfox Bluegrass Festival, and then then back to the trail for the hardest part. I should be well rested! Oh, and a sidenote: the tahini was so bad that I ended up dumping it. It's back to peanut butter for me!

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
4:12 p.m. 7/11/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment