Sunday 26 July 2015

Day 134 - Trident Col Campsite

Trident Col Campsite, 291 

Man oh man, hiking is hard right now. I think it has something to do with the crazy slack pack I did a few days back. I was really sore yesterday, and today I am having a lot of trouble getting out of my hammock...it's almost 11!!! The bottom line is that I've felt lazy like this before, and I've found that the best thing to do is to wait it out and then ride the surge of energy that predictably will come afterward. So I will continue to try motivating myself... 

Looking back at the last week, it's pretty impressive the terrain I've covered. There were some big mountains in there! I'm still getting over how fast the Whites came and went. But I have more to do. There are no more Mount Washingtons, but there's still some really hard terrain. Most southbounders I've talked to said southern Maine is harder than the Whites. If that's true, then I sure hope I get that energy back soon! 

Anyway, yesterday I met up with my friend Stefan from Clark. He's a counselor at a nearby camp, and it was great to do a little hiking with someone familiar. We made it up Hayes Mountain and ate some wild blueberries before we had to split up. It was a nice recovery day.And now, after an additional recovery morning, I am ready to hike. The sun is trying to peek through after a cold and rainy night and morning. On to MAINE!

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
10:57 a.m. 7/26/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment