Friday 24 July 2015

Day 128 - Franconia Notch (again)

The music is flowing through me right now. As usual I left Greyfox with a renewed motivation to get better at playing bluegrass on whatever instrument I can. I also left with six zero days worth of rest and a fresh mind for the trail ahead.

The festival was awesome like always. I got to see the people that I've been used to seeing over the years. I also met new friends, and of course I saw some wonderful music. It's always hard to choose your favorite act, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Stray Birds, The Wiles, Frank Solivan, Rushad Eggleston, the Steep Canyon Rangers, and Sam Bush, among others. Just an all around fun weekend.

It was also a somewhat strange weekend. I did not feel like my usual Grey Fox self until the end. Usually I'm all about endlessly going from stage to stage, staying up all night and then doing it again the next day. This year was different. I often found myself watching a band and being surrounded by people and saying "I think I need to take a break alone in my hammock." On one occasion, I found myself relishing a bathroom break in a port-a-potty. Some nice alone time. Perhaps being on the trail has gotten to me a little. I'm just not used to having so many people around me! 

All of the rest has certainly benefitted my body. I can feel it, walking around the last few days and even waking up this morning. I no longer feel like the tin man who needs oil! And on top of that, there is no fatigue in my muscles.And now it's time for the Whites! After being poured on last night (but staying dry!), today I will hike Franconia Ridge. I'm so so excited to be up above treeline! The sun is out! Mount Lafayette here I come!

- Scribbles (aka Ted)
6:41 a.m. 7/20/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment