Wednesday 25 March 2015

Day 12 - Franklin Resupply

Let me tell y'all what I saw in Franklin today. I saw some hiker friends, Carrie and Cassie, pick up a lost dog at their campsite and try to locate the owner in town. I saw the road from Winding Stair Gap to Franklin from the trunk of an SUV, cramped by the backpacks of hikers who were lucky enough to get seats. I saw a sleepy town at 9am turn into a hiker haven by 10 from the window of a diner. I saw a large pepperoni pizza from Little Caesar's disappear before my eyes. I saw flowers! White blossoms on trees and some purple wildflowers. I saw a guy mowing his lawn. I saw the same road back to Winding Stair from the bed of a pickup truck. AND, I saw how much is going on in the world outside the trail.
So many emails, so little time. It was nice responding to so many of my friends. Not so nice to start thinking about next semester. The class schedule is up and registration's around the corner! But enough of the ugly details.
Franklin was a really, really, nice. Very pleasant. I ended up doing the same thing here I did in Hiawassee; the old camp just south, resupply, camp just north. Tonight I'm hoping to stay out of the rain at Siler Bald shelter. I hope y'all enjoy the pictures from the first 100 miles!
- Ted
8:11 p.m. 3/25/2015



Day 12 Photos Here!: http://tedatgwlt.blogspot.com/p/day-12.html

No comments:

Post a Comment