Thursday 19 March 2015

Day 6 - Tray Mountain

What a day. In a word, exhilarating.

I felt a whole bunch of things today, and one of them was not "comfortable."

Last night I slept in Low Gap shelter, as the forcast called for rain. Indeed, after 4 or so days of sunny and 70+ degree weather, today was 45 and rainy.

Every part of my body hurt at some point today, and I've been wet from either sweat or rain since I began hiking at 8 this morning. No matter, I reached a campsite at the base of Tray Mountain, set up for the night, and am now warm and dry enough in my sleeping bag.

Believe it or not, days like today are the ones that make this journey worthwhile for me. Sure, I wouldn't want every day to be like this, but at the same time, days like this are what make sunny and 75 so amazing. I feel pretty good looking back at the 13 miles I did today (a new record!), kinda like finishing a 13 mile run in the rain.
 
Tomorrow I will get near or to Hiawassee, so there is the potential for picture update soon!
- Ted
6:05 p.m. 3/19/2015

Day 5 Photos Here!: http://tedatgwlt.blogspot.com/p/day-5.html


Day 6 Photos Here!: http://tedatgwlt.blogspot.com/p/day-6.html

No comments:

Post a Comment