Thursday 12 March 2015

It's Real - From the Bus

A few days ago I said I knew it'd be real once I got to Georgia. Forget that, it's real right now.
I'm zooming down the New Jersey Turnpike, on my way to the first stop in Baltimore (followed by DC, Richmond, and Charlotte before Gainsville, Georgia.) Each minute I'm a mile closer to the AT trailhead, and a mile farther from home.
I am starting to understand the gravity of all my work over the past 7 months. Sure, this will be an amazing experience. Sure, the academic and personal growth I will have in the next 5 months will be immense. But how about the fact that my own way of life is about to be flipped on its head?! There's no turning back here, either, no opting out. What goes up must come down, and each mile I travel south will have to be traveled north.
As the New Jersey chemical tanks fade into Pennsylvania farms, I'm hoping that I am up to the challenge.

- Ted

7:25 pm 3/12/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment