Monday 16 March 2015

Day 3 - Preaching Rock

Hey everyone! Day 3 here on the AT, and things are more good than bad.

I have a trail name! I was telling Rowan about Gribouille, the donkey that Andy Merriweather walks across France with in "The Wisdom of Donkeys". Merriweather was in awe at the patience of donkeys, their passiveness, and their stubborn steadiness. I was saying that "Scribbles" the english translation of Gribouille, would be a good trail name because I like to consider myself as having those traits. Well lo and behold, Corrine from the Hike Inn must have heard me because I heard her yell "I'LL CHRISTEN YOU!!" from about 50 yards back. So now I'm Scribbles!

It's 75 and sunny here, and I wore shorts for the first time this year! I've been averaging about 10 miles per day as I get used to my trail legs, last night I stealth camped at Sassafras mountain and tonight's the same at Preaching Rock. I will let the miles build gradually, but without a doubt my biggest fear is getting a sneaky injury a la my cross country days. Tomorrow I will reach Neel Gap and my first resupply!

Oh, and the trail magic is strong down here! Thank you Cap'n Kip, Hayley, and Outside Dog for the hot dogs and hot cocoa. Good night!

-Ted
5:52 pm 3/16/2014



Day 2 Photos here!: http://tedatgwlt.blogspot.com/p/day-2.html

Day 3 Photos here!: http://tedatgwlt.blogspot.com/p/day-3.html

1 comment:

  1. So glad for you that there is trail magic! We can all use a bit of magic now and then!

    ReplyDelete