Friday 20 March 2015

Day 7 - LEEP Project Approved!

THE LEEP PROJECT IS OFFICIAL! I spoke with Jess Robert of the LEEP Center and Barred Owl and she confirmed today that my LEEP Project has recieved funding! What this means is that my Appalachian Trail journey will not be cut short in Virginia or New York due to lack of funds, yay! Thanks to everybody in the LEEP Center who has guided me along the way. I promise to make y'all proud with the final product in the fall. 
In trail news, I decided not to go into Hiawassee today, and instead make camp about 2.5 miles outside Dick's Creek Gap. I have perhaps the best spot I've ever camped at, right on the edge of an overlook. Now if only the rain would go away and the clouds would clear up! Tomorrow I will get to Hiawassee in the morning, resupply, eat something hot, send some dead weight home, and hopefully be back out on the trail in the afternoon to camp again. It will be a "Nero" day, or near-zero.
-Ted
4:55 p.m. 3/20/2015



Day 7 Photos Here!: http://tedatgwlt.blogspot.com/p/day-7.html

1 comment: