Sunday 3 May 2015

Day 50 - Dragon's Tooth

700! I'm sitting at Dragon's Tooth, a rock that juts about 40 feet straight up at the top of a mountain. It's sweet, and what's as sweet is that this is the 700 mile mark. Crazy to think that on April 22 I was at the 500 mark. There's no doubt I'll be slowing down a bit. Actually, I'm less than 4 miles from where I plan to sleep tonight; the 4 Pines Hostel, which is apparently a 3-car garage with bunks and a shower! I'm sure looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to the next few days. I plan on doing more short ones. I only have about 14 miles from 4 Pines to McAfee Knob, where I'll camp near tomorrow, then another 15 or so Troutville, the next town. It's get well time now, as I'm still nursing my foot. I will say that 2 nights of icing in the stream have helped considerably. I almost, almost can't feel it. Which of course does not mean it's better, but is sure an upgrade over a few days ago! Overall I'm feeling much better than I did before. 800 here I come!

- Scribbles (aka Ted)
12:10 p.m. 5/3/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment