Thursday 7 May 2015

Day 53 - Taylor's Mountain Overlook

Today I left Troutville, but it wasn't easy. I hung around town until past noon! The town was so friendly. I got my shower and laundry at the fire station, and was able to set up my hammock underneath the pavilion in their town park. Me and Tate and another hiker, Five spent the morning eating food from the grocery store and maildrops, throwing the frisbee in the park, and just watching the town. When I was in Troutville, I felt like I was back in time. The town isn't full of old buildings or anything like that, but everything is slowed way down. It's hard to explain; the town doesn't look old-fashioned, but it feels it. Around 11 or so children from a day-care descended on the playground, and I felt like I was back in Newington CT working at Mill Pond pool. Troutville was just very comfortable, and I thoroughly enjoyed my night there.


But, we moved on, and today covered 14 miles. Along the way I had the chance to dunk my feet in a stream, which felt great. I'm looking forward to swimming tomorrow, as it's been hot lately. The past few days have been in the 80s easy, and tomorrow doesn't appear to be an exception. Good night!

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
5/6/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment