Saturday 9 May 2015

Day 56 - Glasgow

Today I woke up in another town park, this one in Glasgow, Virginia. I have to say, this little section of Virginia has been one of the friendliest parts of the trail, with every town, it seems, opening its arms to hikers. Glasgow is just like Troutville: not very big or known by anyone for anything in particular. But that's what makes the friendliness so great!


I'm sitting on a picnic table right now watching the second of five little league games that will take place here today. I won't stick around for all five, at least I don't think so. But there's something addicting about being in the middle of this community. Every word I hear is encouragement for the ballplayers (10 year olds), greetings between parents and spectators, or yells of kids playing. Places like this don't need to be famous or well-known. I don't think they want to be either. Everyone is happy enough just like this (except some of the kids when they make an out!).


Anyway, as great as it is to see baseball being played, I'll need to get moving at some point. Waynesboro is 75 miles away, and new shoes await me there. So it's back to the trail!
-Scribbles (aka Ted)
11:24 a.m. 5/9/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment