Monday 25 May 2015

Day 72 - Deer Lick Shelter

Another day, another state. Today it was Maryland that bit the dust. I have to say, the Old Line State was short, but sweet as could be. I loved my two and a half days here, swimming in the Potomac, watching a distant fireworks show from the Annapolis Rocks, and meeting tons of people. Maybe I've just been in agood mood these last few days, but I had nothing but pleasant experiences with the people there. There was Joe and Carla (actually from Akron), who brought pulled pork to the Washington Monument, Ranger Rick of the Maryland Park Service, and even this biker dude I met today, who'd never even heard of the Appalachian Trail before meeting me at High Rock. Man, it was all good.

But I've migrated farther north, past the Mason-Dixon line and into Pennsylvania! It feels GREAT to be here. What a difference mentally between Virginia and Pennsylvania! For some reason, knowing I'm in the cultural "North" makes everything seem a bit more familiar.

Today was a solid one, finishing at 21 miles. The infamous Pennsylvania rocks were almost nonexistant! But I guarantee that that will change, and my mile output with it! Eh, whatever. I'm just happy to have come this far. Home doesn't seem too far away...

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
7:55 p.m. 5/25/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment