Wednesday 20 May 2015

Day 67 - Rod Hollow Shelter

Not much to report on today. I took it relatively easy with an 18 mile day over smooth terrain. Tomorrow will be the treat; only 10 miles to Bear's Den Hostel! The weather today was absolutely perfect. Sunny, 70 degrees, with a breeze! All that equals very little sweating and no bugs. It was great.

I had a few bits of excitement. First was in Sky Meadows State Park. It's this big field-y area that's up on a mountain. Really cool. The trail sort of cuts through this knee-high grass all the way through, and there's no way to avoid brushing against it. Well, by the time I made it through, I checked for ticks and wouldn't you know it, I found two of the little buggers! So I suppose this is officially tick country. The other moment was at the US 50 crossing. The highway is four lanes with a median, and I think the speed limit must be 65. Crossing was a little exciting; those cars come up on you quick!

Lately I've been dealing with more nervousness in regards to the LEEP Project. But I think things are becoming more and more clear. My ideas for it are still a little scattered, and certainly need more time to develop, but I can sense that I am getting somewhere. You know? I think I'm just nervous because I'm rapidly approaching the millenium mark of the hike...wow!

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
8:34 pm 5/20/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment