Tuesday 23 June 2015

Day 101 - Tom Leonard Shelter

Today is my 100th day on the trail. 100 days sleeping out, hiking all day, eating unfathomable portions, being cold, hot, wet, every extreme it seems. It's been a great hundred days, and what's amazing to me is that I've gone from Georgia, a completely foreign land to me, to Massachusetts, just down the pike from home sweet home! 100 days down, and less than two months left. Wooo!

My dad joined me today on the way out of Great Barrington. It sure was great to see him and my brother, who just graduated high school, for the first time since March! We got a late start, and only did 5 miles. It was slow going, but slow and steady is better than fast and pulled hammy! We made good miles, emphasis on good. We'll be hiking together for 5 more days, and the goal is Greylock.

Now, let me tell you a secret. I think my dad is trying to sabotage my thru-hike! It all started when I was innocently trying to cook dinner. My alcohol stove was on the table heating the water, until Dad came through and "accidentally" knocked it over! Flaming alcohol was everywhere, and I had to squirt water to put it out. I even got a few cinged hairs on my legs. It was a little scary. I know my dad's not actually trying to sabotage me! I just have some things I need to teach him. Tomorrow we're shooting for a 12 miler.


-Scribbles (a.k.a. Ted)
8:46 p.m. 6/23/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment