Monday 15 June 2015

Day 92 - RPH Shelter

Three months ago today I was standing on top of Springer Mountain at 8am, overcome by the vast expanse of mountains ahead of me. They were mountains to be climbed. It was the beginning of a journey. It was incredible. Today is a little different. I'm holed up in a shelter, slowly building the motivation to face the wetness of today and begin hiking. But I think back to that morning in Georgia and wonder, did I ever think I would make it this far? In three months I've walked from a foreign land to, oh, 25 miles outside Connecticut. I'm that close! I don't think it ever touched my mind. Here I am though, and I'm simultaneously trying to remember what life was like before hiking and asking myself where has all the time gone. It's really strange to think that three months are already gone by! Ahh!


Miles are still being made. Like I said, I'm only 25 or so from Connecticut, so I'll be there by Tuesday. I can't wait for some New England! Now I just gotta get moving...

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
9:20 a.m. 6/15/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment