Tuesday 30 June 2015

Day 108 - Deerfield River

Mud, mud mud. It's a little like the Pennsylvania rocks, the Vermont mud. The big difference being rocks hurt, and mud is just uncomfortable. Also, at least in Vermont I'm climbing mountains.
Today was awesome. The rain held off, and I topped Glastenbury Mountain. The hike up was through this dense pine forest, and at the top was a big lookout tower. From there, I could see forever in all directions. I saw Bennington to the west, Mount Greylock to the south, and Stratton Mountain to the north...as well as tons more mountains.
I am so excited to be in big mountains again. I haven't had such big climbs since The Priest, really. That was way back before Waynesboro! The feeling of reaching a point significantly higher than anything around you is unmatched, and of course the views are pretty spectacular too. The view today was so refreshing. There's a lot more Green Mountain National Forest to go, so I've got more climbs ahead of me. Tomorrow is Stratton...in the rain!

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
7:42 p.m. 6/30/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment