Tuesday 16 June 2015

Day 93 -Ten Mile River Shelter

Connecticut! For the first time in more than three months, I'm back in my home state. This is definitely the longest I've ever been away from home in my life. Even during the school year, I find time to make it home once in a while. But not on the trail! Three months and finally the Nutmeg State surrounds me!

I have a strange sense of pride for my state upon arriving home again. I don't know what it is. Seeing "Welcome to Connecticut" on the sign a few miles back just put a big smile on my face. I'm sure glad to be back, and looking forward to the next few days here!

Honestly, ever since Delaware Water Gap I have been in hiking zen. The miles are flying by easily, nothing hurts, every day is fun. I think I'm completely settled into the hiking lifestyle.The 15-20 mile range creates this perfect equilibrium of satisfaction; I don't feel lazy for doing a small amount of miles, but I also don't get burnt out from big days.

With friends and family joining me in the very near future, I'm super pumped to keep on keeping on the slow and steady days. It's crazy, but I am just about exactly 2/3 done!

-Scribbles (aka Ted)
11:08 a.m. 6/16/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment